Google Cloud Platform Software Engineer
Do you believe that Google’s cloud offering is better than the competitions’? Are you passionate about building software that can help make the lives of cloud users easier? Looking to take your knowledge and experience and leverage it as part of a mission-driven team? You’re the person we’re looking for as our GCP Software engineer!
cloudtamer.io is looking for an experienced GCP Software Engineer to support our innovative, multi-cloud governance tool. You’ll help us continually evolve our core product. You’ll work with talented Designers and Full Stack Engineers to improve our Angular framework to meet the needs of our cloud-based customers.
- Work with the team to build out cloudtamer.io.
- Contribute to the architecture, requirements, and design of our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offering.
- Build and maintain the core product.
- Improve the codebase to enhance usability and extensibility.
- Approach every problem with creative problem-solving.
- Educate engineering with regard to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) best practices and governance challenges.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- 3+ years of experience writing web applications using modern programming languages.
- 3+ years of experience integrating and build APIs.
- 3+ years of experience writing unit tests.
- 3+ years of experience deploying, building, and maintaining applications on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Ability to review and analyze requirements to develop production ready code.
- Ability to clearly document code.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- GCP Professional Cloud Architect or Professional Cloud Developer certification.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks including Scrum.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Working proficiency with Go, Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Solid understand of object-oriented design (OOD).
- Experience deploying automated tests using modern CI/CD platforms.
- Experience working with API documentation tools like Swagger or RAML.
- Experience working with a relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working in both virtualized and cloud environments across additional technologies such as AWS, Azure, and VMWare.
- Experience building applications using container-based technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical area of study.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, days that combine deep focus with task juggling, and dedicated and super-sharp coworkers. These benefits include:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental and vision!
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly lunches and happy hours to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making peoples’ lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!