YOUR ROLE: SUPPORT AND ELEVATE OUR VISUAL BRAND THROUGH BEAUTIFUL, FUNCTIONAL DESIGN WORK
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making peoples’ lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE:
- Eager to improve: We look to grow continuously and be better individually and as a company today than we were yesterday. We want you to take the lead role in extending and maintaining our visual brand.
- Obsessed about customer success: We want to turn our customers into our biggest fans and realize everyone on our team has a role in making that happen. We want you to be focused on creating graphics that clearly convey the appeal of cloudtamer.io to our customers.
- Impatient with the status quo: We strive to innovate where there is opportunity and share the results with our team and customers. We want you to look for fresh ways to convey the cloudtamer.io brand and to bring to the table ideas and outputs we’ve not yet considered.
- Create beautiful, functional, and memorable design work that is pixel-perfect
- Further establish and extend our brand style guide
- Participate in and drive brainstorming sessions
- Present creative work to stakeholders, absorb feedback in a positive manner, and execute against required changes
- Create graphics for a broad spectrum of marketing collateral, including events, digital assets, videos, social media, blog posts, website graphics, presentations, email campaigns, and more
- Stay current with industry standards, new tools, and best practices, and share these learnings with the team
- Work with outside printers and other vendors
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- 4+ years of professional experience in graphic design at an agency or as part of an in-house creative team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Advanced proficiency in the following tools: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, (experience with Sketch or Adobe XD is a plus)
- Photo editing experience
- Experience working with and providing graphics for PowerPoint and Word
- Video editing experience (experience in Camtasia, Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut, or similar)
- An impressive and varied portfolio showcasing relevant experience designing for both print and digital*
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture, layout, type, color theory, photography, and copy
- Ability to establish design direction, manage stakeholders, and take a project from concept to completion
- Knowledge of how to make complicated graphic concepts accessible and engaging
- Ability to work within existing brand guidelines as well as explore how to extend the visual language when appropriate
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, or similar
- Illustration skills are a plus
- Web design experience and understanding of user experience best practices
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar CMS system
- Experience creating event and booth graphics
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma or similar
- Experience with motion graphics – animations, transitions (AfterEffects or similar)
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, days that combine deep focus with task juggling, and dedicated and super-sharp coworkers. These benefits include:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental and vision!
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly lunches and happy hours to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!
*A cover letter and an online portfolio are required to apply for this position.