Are you passionate about solving complex problems? Do you want to feel empowered to pursue the best possible solutions with little red tape? Do you enjoy working alongside developers to help to build and maintain design systems? If so, we’re looking for you to join our team!
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to support our innovative, multi-cloud governance solution. As a product designer, you’ll be involved in every step of the product design process from ideation to implementation.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to understand the requirements and technical constraints of a project.
- Work alongside developers, designers, and writers to understand user needs and help solve complex problems.
- Rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts.
- Take a project through the entire design process from concept to high fidelity.
- Work within our existing design system and help to evolve it when necessary.
- Research and advocate for product design best practices.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- 4+ years relevant experience designing and shipping digital products.
- A diverse portfolio* that showcases:
- Demonstrated understanding of usability heuristics.
- Strong visual design skills (layout, visual hierarchy, color, type).
- Understanding of information architecture.
- Interaction design examples.
- Clean and balanced aesthetic.
- A mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, XD, Axure, InVision, etc…
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience helping to build and maintain component libraries and design systems.
- Experience taking projects through the entire design process, from low fidelity and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working prototypes.
- Experience with developer handoff and post-implementation design validation.
- A problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information.
- A self-starter who can proactively identify opportunities for impact even when they’re not assigned to you.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to articulate and defend design concepts and decisions.
- Willingness to take feedback, learn, and grow.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Experience with AfterEffects or similar.
- UX writing.
- User research and testing.
- Experience working on desktop web applications.
- BA, or BS degree in design, HCI, or a related discipline.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, days that combine deep focus with task juggling, and dedicated and super-sharp coworkers. These benefits include:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental and vision!
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly lunches and happy hours to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making peoples’ lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!
*An online portfolio is required to apply for this position.