Product Marketing Director
LOCATION: Remote, In-Office or Hybrid
Headquartered outside of Washington DC, cloudtamer.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup that develops the leading cloud governance solution supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. cloudtamer.io is trusted for making customers’ journey to the cloud more efficient, secure, and transparent. Are you passionate about evangelizing your product to the market, customers, and partners? Do you take pride in crafting messaging and content that help people understand the ‘what’s in it for me?’ about a product? Do you enjoy collaborating with diverse teams to bring new features to the market? If you’re saying ‘heck yeah!’ to all of this and you want to join a team obsessed with delighting our current customers and winning new ones, we want to meet you!
The Product Marketing Director will play a critical role in our product development and product evangelism. We are looking to you to both start and build the product marketing effort at cloudtamer.io, helping to ensure our product meets customer needs and our messaging helps to drive growth and product use. As a core contributor to the sales and marketing team, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a rapport with our Sales and Product teams to research, share, and deliver on market needs.
- Articulating and evolving the ‘why cloudtamer.io?’ value proposition and ensuring message consistency across all communications.
- Nurturing customer relationships to identify and elevate product success stories.
- Leading the product launch process by coordinating across Sales, Product, and Marketing teams.
- Contributing to product roadmap and pricing discussions.
- Maintaining an understanding of the competitive landscape, and shaping how the company is positioned in that landscape.
- Building content that messages the key capabilities of cloudtamer.io to the market, customers, sales, and partners.
- Engaging with the analyst community to keep a pulse on feedback and trends, and inform/shape the perspective of analysts.
- Engage with the Product team to assist with aligning the roadmap to market needs – and help to anticipate market needs.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to identify high impact, repeatable sales plays.
- Work with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop targeted messaging and campaign strategy to drive awareness and demand.
- Lead audience research and contribute to persona development that documents our buyers, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Prepare sales enablement content and lead enablement efforts for internal sellers and partners.
- Build marketing content, including white papers, blogs, videos, and presentations.
- Support product launch planning and rollout.
- Share product thought leadership at internal and external events.
- Maintain and execute against a calendar of regular briefings with analysts.
- Identify, rank, and maintain competitor intelligence content.
- Work with customers to identify and nurture opportunities for case studies, speaking engagements, videos, and other outbound communication vehicles.
- Assess the effectiveness of your product marketing efforts on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
- 8-10 years of product marketing experience in high-tech, enterprise products, including several years in a start-up environment.
- Familiarity with public cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Proven track record of working cross functionally and establishing strong relationships with delivery, product, marketing, and sales teams.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write and present clear, engaging, and persuasive content.
- Strong familiarity with CRM and collaboration tools such as Salesforce and Slack.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn for sharing thought leadership and growing product followers.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Master’s degree in Business or Marketing.
- Familiarity with Hubspot (or similar marketing automation solution) and Google Analytics.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
- cloudtamer.io is a remote-first company. We offer a 100% remote work schedule (US only) as well as an in-office or hybrid schedule if you are local to the DC-Maryland-Virginia area.
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental, and vision!
- 3% of direct compensation contribution to your 401(k) (no match required).
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly engagements to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making people’s lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below today to be our Product Marketing Director and we’ll be in touch shortly!