Senior Software Engineer
YOUR ROLE: ENHANCE AND SCALE OUR CLOUD GOVERNANCE SOLUTION
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making peoples’ lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. Our revolutionary cloud governance solution deals with large amounts of data, and scalability is a core component of our development efforts. The Senior Software Engineer will have a proven track record of leading and delivering high-quality products to a production environment and be an expert in scaling enterprise-grade software.
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE:
- Eager to improve: We look to grow continuously and be better individually and as a company today than we were yesterday. We want you to identify and implement ways we can improve our testing processes and the efficiency of our team.
- Obsessed about customer success: We want to turn our customers into our biggest fans and realize everyone on our team has a role in making that happen. We want you to be focused on making the quality of our software releases better, minimizing bugs, and ensuring that customer satisfaction continues to grow.
- Impatient with the status quo: We strive to innovate where there is opportunity and share the results with our team and customers. We want you to make sure the new features in cloudtamer.io actually make cloud management activities simpler for our customers and to candidly share feedback with our integrated engineering team.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- 4+ years of experience writing web applications using modern programming languages.
- 4+ years of experience writing unit tests and working with testing frameworks.
- 3+ Years of experience integrating and building APIs.
- 3+ years of experience working with a relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise scaling distributed systems.
- Experience working in cloud environments across technologies such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of entire features.
- Ability to perform code reviews of different team members to ensure high code quality.
- Ability to clearly document code.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Working proficiency with Go and Typescript.
- Experience working with microservices and multithreading.
- Experience deploying automated tests using modern CI/CD platforms.
- Experience working with API documentation tools like Swagger or RAML.
- Experience building applications using container-based technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical areas of study.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, days that combine deep focus with task juggling, and dedicated and super-sharp coworkers. These benefits include:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental and vision!
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly lunches and happy hours to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!