Headquartered outside of Washington DC, cloudtamer.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup that develops the leading cloud governance solution supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. cloudtamer.io is trusted for making customers’ journey to the cloud more efficient, secure, and transparent. If you’re passionate about developing communications that wows customers, we want you to join our growing team and help us capture the market lead in cloud management tools. Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career!
As our Technical Writer, you’ll lead the documentation efforts for cloudtamer.io, creating comprehensive and easy-to-understand documentation with minimal oversight, using early UI designs and notes from engineering to plan, organize, and create docs for every release. From start to finish, you will own the process that brings us from fragmented concepts to clear and concise release notes, knowledge base articles, and promotional content. We want you to help us turn customers into fans by determining and highlighting every detail and value-add benefit that our customers need to know. You will also look for ways to take our user documentation to the next level, contribute fresh perspective and content to the cloudtamer.io website, draft marketing collateral, and write intuitive microcopy for the UI by understanding the needs of our customers.
- Create product release notes that demonstrate the value of new features, gathering data from feature tickets, SME interviews, and outside documentation sources.
- Produce high-quality technical documentation and online help content that is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Maintain, extend, and enhance our content knowledge base.
- Work closely with the engineering team during sprints to determine required user documentation updates and additions.
- Present content to stakeholders, absorb feedback in a positive manner, and make any required changes.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation that would make our product easier to use.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities to make future updates easier.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new content.
- Identify ways to grow cloudtamer.io adoption through content and online help mechanisms.
- Draft marketing collateral and website updates based on a technical understanding of the product and an understanding of what prospective customers need.
- Write microcopy as needed for the cloudtamer.io user interface, including notifications, tooltips, and more.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications.
- 3-4 years of experience writing software product documentation for a B2B audience..
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.*
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with authoring tools such as MadCap Flare, Zendesk, or WordPress.
- Basic familiarity with Agile software development processes.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Experience creating marketing content (collateral, website copy, blog posts, case studies).
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental, and vision!
- 3% of direct compensation contribution to your 401(k) (no match required).
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly lunches and happy hours to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making people’s lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!
*A cover letter and online writing samples are required to apply for this position.