YOUR ROLE: CREATE ENGAGING CONTENT THAT EDUCATES AND PERSUADES
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making peoples’ lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE:
- Eager to improve: We look to grow continuously and be better individually and as a company today than we were yesterday. We want you to take the lead role in documenting how to use cloudtamer.io and growing cloudtamer.io adoption through compelling content.
- Obsessed about customer success: We want to turn our customers into our biggest fans and realize everyone on our team has a role in making that happen. We want you to be focused on creating content that clearly conveys to our customers the details and benefits of using cloudtamer.io.
- Impatient with the status quo: We strive to innovate where there is opportunity and share the results with our team and customers. We want you to look for ways to take our user documentation to the next level and contribute fresh perspective and content to the cloudtamer.io website.
- Produce high-quality technical documentation and online help content that is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Maintain, extend, and enhance our content knowledge base.
- Work closely with the engineering team during sprints to determine required user documentation updates and additions.
- Further establish and extend our style guide.
- Participate in and drive content ideation sessions.
- Present content to stakeholders, absorb feedback in a positive manner, and execute against required changes.
- Stay current with industry standards, new tools, and best practices, and share these learnings with the team.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new content.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- 5-7 years of experience writing technical documentation for a B2B audience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.*
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with tools such as Camtasia, WalkMe, MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, XML, WordPress, or similar solutions.
- Basic familiarity with Agile software development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Experience creating marketing content (collateral, website copy, blog posts, case studies).
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, days that combine deep focus with task juggling, and dedicated and super-sharp coworkers. These benefits include:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental and vision!
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly lunches and happy hours to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!
* A cover letter and online writing samples are required to apply for this position.