Vice President of Sales
LOCATION: Remote, In-Office or Hybrid
Headquartered outside of Washington DC, cloudtamer.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup that develops the leading cloud governance solution supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. cloudtamer.io is trusted for making customers’ journey to cloud adoption more efficient, secure, and transparent. If you’re a proven sales leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team and execute a sales strategy to continue growing our presence in the cloud management tools market. Join us on our journey, build your success and grow your career!
As the Vice President of Sales within cloudtamer.io, you will focus on developing strategies to expand our commercial and federal market presence. cloudtamer.io is a multi-cloud governance software that brings the power of the cloud to the enterprise by offering simple ways to automate provisioning, control spending, and continually enforce security and compliance at scale. cloudtamer.io is trusted by leading cloud-first enterprises like Verizon, Indeed, NASA, and DHS. This position offers an exciting opportunity to help customers overcome these top challenges that inhibit cloud adoption and finally realize the full potential of the cloud. Your broad responsibilities will include leading the federal and commercial sales teams that are responsible for developing a growing book of business for private and public sector organizations. You will drive the sales strategy for the organization and help align emerging customer needs with the direction of the product. Additionally, you will work with Delivery and Support to convert prospects to loyal fans through pre-sales and post-sales activities and with Marketing to identify new approaches to attract the next set of ideal customers to our platform.
- Lead all sales functions for the company, including capture for new cloudtamer.io license and services sales across federal and commercial markets.
- Lead, perform, and enhance product demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Lead and expand internal sales operations by growing a team of sales professionals and establishing best practices and processes.
- Mentor and train sales professionals to execute our sales process and address customer objections and challenges.
- Develop and execute strategies to capture market opportunities where enterprise cloud adoption is rapidly increasing.
- Build and develop sales channel partners to identify new leads and close opportunities.
- Establish and grow key customer relationships to support continued use of our platform.
- Work with Marketing to identify and support activities (advertising, events, etc.) that yield the best ROI to grow brand awareness and product license sales.
- Work with Design and Engineering to provide feedback on product features and future platform needs based on prospect and customer interactions.
- Work with Delivery and Support to successfully renew annual licenses, support, and professional services for existing customers.
- Work with Corporate Operations to set quarterly and annual sales targets and ensure opportunities are forecasted accurately and feedback is captured from customer engagements.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- Experience as a Director of Sales (or higher) leading a sales team at early/mid-stage SaaS software companies.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in enterprise B2B software sales and closing 6-figure deals.
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods with demonstrated experience tailoring those to buyer personas.
- Experience developing go-to-market strategies that have resulted in past companies meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Experience selling technologies that enable IT enterprises to migrate to public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM tools to track sales tasks and pipeline along with measuring team progress against quotas.
- BS/BA in a Technical (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or Business related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
- cloudtamer.io is a remote-first company. We offer a 100% remote work schedule (US only) as well as an in-office or hybrid schedule if you are local to the DC-Maryland-Virginia area.
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental, and vision!
- 3% of direct compensation contribution to your 401(k) (no match required).
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly engagements to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making people’s lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!